Section ‘E’ HORSES
Section E Horses
Sunday 19 September 2021
Chief Steward: Bob Sullivan (02) 6361 7270. Ring Master / Announcer: Cloe Lawson
Stewards: I Barrett, T Sheehan, A Sullivan, B Logan, A Donaldson, S Donaldson, K Matthews
Judging to commence at 9:00am SHARP
Entry Fee - $3.00 per class
All competition at this show is governed by these regulations and by the Agricultural Societies Council of NSW Rules for Discipline in Horse Sections at Shows which can be viewed at www.agshowsnsw.org.au.
Should it become necessary for the ASC Disciplinary Committee to open an inquiry into any aspect of competition in this Horse Section, this Society will support any penalty imposed by that Committee as a result of the inquiry and will support penalties resulting from enquiries arising from Horse Sections at other NSW shows.
INDEMNITY AND WAIVER FORMS
The Horse Committee will take all care in managing the Section, but competitors taking part in this Horse Section do so at their own risk. Each adult competitor must, before competing, complete and sign a form indemnifying the Molong Show Society and waiving any claims against the Society for any injury sustained in competition or for loss or damage to the competitor’s property or damage caused by the competitor or his/her animal(s) at the Show. A similar form must also be completed and signed by a parent or guardian for each competitor who is under 18 years of age. ALSO, all competitors must complete a Horse Health Declaration, each horse with which the competitor has bought onto the Showgrounds must be listed together with the Property Identification Code (PIC) of the property from which the horse came to the Show.
- Ring Entry is via a ticket. Tickets are to be purchased on the day and are non-refundable. Allocated wristbands to be worn by all person’s entering a ring. All Horses will have a number supplied on the day to identify the horse’s name for the stewards.
- Dogs - must be kept on a leash at all times and are not permitted onto the main arena.
- Under Saddle Age Limit: The ASC recommends a lower age limit of 3 years of age (as at the date of the competition) for leading rein and 5 years of age for independent-riding.
- Refusal of Entry/Alteration of Schedule/Prizes: The committee reserves the right to refuse an entry without assigning any reason for doing so and to alter the schedule to meet emerging circumstances. The Society is not responsible for the non-delivery of Sponsor's trophies/prizes. Should there be any reason to suspect that any exhibit is either diseased or dangerous, the Society reserves the right to isolate, refuse entry to and/or remove the exhibit from the ground at the expense of the exhibitor.
- Judge’s Decision/Discretion: The judge is empowered to withhold any or all prizes in any class where the exhibits are, in his/her opinion, unworthy of the prize, and at all times the judge's decision will be final. A judge has the discretion to ask that a led or performance exhibit and handler / rider / driver be ordered to leave the ring if he/she considers the animal is unruly and/or likely to cause an accident.
- District Classes: Horses / ponies must be the property of the exhibitor 30 days prior to the show and the exhibitor and exhibit must reside within the MOLONG MAIL RUN / 2866 postcode or be an active member of Molong Pony Club.
- Show Hunters: Horses in these classes may not also compete in Ridden Hack, Galloway, or Pony classes.
- Ridden Hack, Galloway, Pony: Horses in these classes may not also compete in Show Hunter classes.
- Adults classes are for riders 17yrs & over, and the horse cannot compete in Child classes. CHILDS classes are for riders under 17yrs, and the horse cannot compete in Adult classes.
- Second Chance: Horses winning Champion and/or Reserve Champion or a first ribbon in the prior classes are ineligible to compete in the Second Chance classes.
- Stallions: Stallions must be wearing a bit at all times when being led and must be under the control of a person 17 years of age or older. They must be supervised at all times and securely fastened when tied to the outside of a truck or float. They are not eligible to compete in ridden classes unless their eligibility is specifically stated in the schedule.
- Ponies with Adult Riders: Ponies may be ridden by adults unless otherwise stated in the schedule.
- Lateness to the Ring: Competitors must be ready when called. Once judging has commenced, a competing horse shall not be led, ridden or driven into or out of the judging ring without the permission of the judge and/or the Ringmaster or Chief Steward.
- Leaving The Ring: If a led horse should drag or escape its handler or a ridden or driven horse take control of or unseat its rider and leave the ring, it is usually disqualified from the class.
- Horse Measuring: No official measuring will take place at the show, but, if a question about height arises, proof of height may be required. In the absence of proof, a decision will be at the absolute discretion of the Ring Master or Chief Steward.
- Breed or Association Registration / Membership: Registration documents for horses in breed classes must be produced when required by a Steward. It is the competitor/owner’s responsibility to ensure relevant memberships for their exhibits Breed society or registry is financial at time of competition.
- Attire: Competitors must be appropriately attired for the competition in which they are competing.
- Helmets: Every rider is required to wear a safety helmet compliant with the current Australian Standard.
- Footwear: All competitors must wear appropriate footwear when leading or riding a horse. When riding, the footwear must enable removal of the foot from the stirrup.
- Cruelty: Persons who are considered by the Ringmaster or Chief Steward to be abusive or cruel to a horse will be expelled from the ground. No horse will be permitted to compete if, in the opinion of the Ringmaster or Chief Steward, it is in poor health or condition.
- Drugs: Drug testing may be carried out at this show. Any competitor found to have breached the ASC disputes & disciplinary regulation will be investigated by the ASC disciplinary committee.
- Approaching Judges: No exhibitor or associate will initiate conversation with a judge on judging day, before, during or after judging except through the Ringmaster or Chief Steward.
- Prohibited Relationship: No competitor will present for judging before a judge with whom he/she has a family relationship, has or has recently had a personal relationship or has had horse related business dealings during the past twelve months.
- Coaching: Any person detected coaching a competitor while that competitor is being judged may be removed from the Showground.
- Proper Conduct: Any person who behaves offensively on the Showground may be expelled from the ground. The matter may be investigated by the Society or/and ASC Disciplinary committee and penalties may be imposed.
- Protests: A protest or complaint against any exhibit or exhibitor may be lodged verbally with the Ringmaster or Chief Steward no later than ten minutes after the judging of the exhibit or exhibitor. The Ringmaster or Chief Steward must be provided with the exact nature of the complaint and act, if necessary, to maintain competitive fairness. The Ringmaster or Chief Steward may choose to refer the matter to the Protests Committee, which shall comprise the President of the Society, or a Vice President and two other members of the General Committee. A protest or complaint or an appeal against the decision of the Ringmaster or Chief Steward may be lodged in writing with the Secretary no later than 10 pm on the day of judging. Such protest, complaint or appeal shall be accompanied by a deposit of $50 which shall be forfeited if the protest, complaint, or appeal proves to be frivolous or vexatious. A matter lodged this way shall be dealt with by the Protests Committee within 24 hours of lodgement and the decision of the Protest Committee shall be final. NB: No protest or complaint will be considered if it refers simply to a judge's decision.
- Veterinary Costs: In the case of an exhibit requiring veterinary inspection/treatment whilst at this event exhibitors agree that all costs incurred are their responsibility.
- Age of Horses: The age of all horses shall be calculated from 1st August in the year in which it was foaled.
Commencing at 9:00am
101. District Pony Hack
102. Open Pony Hack ne 12.2hh
103. Open Pony Hack over 12.2hh ne 13hh
104. Open Pony Hack over 13hh ne 13.2hh
105. Open Pony Hack over 13.2hh ne 14hh
106. Child’s Pony Hack ne 14hh
107. Adult’s Pony Hack ne 14hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION PONY HACK
108. District Show Hunter Pony
109. Open Show Hunter Pony ne 12.2hh
110. Open Show Hunter pony over 12.2hh ne 13hh
111. Open Show Hunter pony over 13hh ne 13.2hh
112. Open Show Hunter pony over 13.2hh ne 14hh
113. Child’s Show Hunter Pony ne 14hh
114. Adult’s Show Hunter Pony ne 14hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION SHOW HUNTER PONY
115. Second Chance - Open Hack over 15hh
116. Second Chance - Open Show Hunter over 15hh
117. District Child Rider under 12 years
118. Child Rider under 6 years – may be led
119. Child Rider 6 years and under 9 years
120. Child Rider 9 years and under 12 years
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION JUNIOR RIDER
121. Best presented horse and rider under 7yrs – led
122. Best presented horse and rider under 7yrs – unled
123. Best presented horse and rider over 7yrs – led
124. Best presented horse and rider over 7yrs – unled
125. Woolliest Coat
126. Longest Tail
127. Cutest Face
128. Fancy Dress
129. Led ANSA Exhibit 3 years & under
130. Led ANSA Stallion
131. Led ANSA Mare
132. Led ANSA Gelding
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED ANSA EXHIBIT
133. Led Thoroughbred Stallion / Gelding
134. Led Thoroughbred Mare
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED THOROUGHBRED
135. Ridden ANSA 3 years & under
136. Ridden ANSA over 14hh & ne 15hh
137. Ridden ANSA over 15hh & ne 16hh
138. Ridden ANSA over 16hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION RIDDEN ANSA EXHIBIT
139. Ridden Thoroughbred Stallion / Gelding
140. Ridden Thoroughbred Mare
141. Ridden ‘Off The Track’ Thoroughbred
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION RIDDEN THOROUGHBRED
142. Miniature Pony Stallion or Colt ne 34.5”
143. Miniature Pony Mare or Filly ne 34.5”
144. Miniature Pony Gelding ne 34.5”
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION MINIATURE PONY
145. Miniature Horse Stallion or Colt ne 34.5”
146. Miniature Horse Mare or Filly ne 34.5”
147. Miniature Horse Gelding ne 34.5”
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION MINIATURE HORSE
148. Small / Little Horse Stallion or Colt ne 42.5”
149. Small / Little Horse Mare or Filly ne 42.5”
150. Small / Little Horse Gelding ne 42.5”
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION SMALL / LITTLE HORSE
151. Shetland Pony in Harness
152. Miniature Pony, Miniature Pony or Small / Little Horse in Harness
153. Open Non – Hackney Pony n/e 14hds
154. Open Hackney Pony n/e 14hds
155. Open Non - Hackney Horse over 14hds
156. Open Hackney Horse over 14hds
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION HARNESS PONY OR HORSE
157. Harness Pony Turnout n/e 14hds
158. Harness Horse Turnout over 14hds
Commencing at 9:00am
201. District Galloway Hack over 14hh & ne 15hh
202. Open Galloway Hack over 14hh & ne 14.2hh
203. Open Galloway Hack over 14.2hh & ne 15hh
204. Child’s Galloway Hack over 14hh & ne 15hh
205. Adult’s Galloway Hack over 14hh & ne 15hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION GALLOWAY HACK
206. District Show Hunter Galloway over 14hh & ne 15hh
207. Open Show Hunter Galloway over 14hh & ne 14.2hh
208. Open Show Hunter Galloway over 14.2hh & ne 15hh
209. Child’s Show Hunter Galloway over 14hh & ne 15hh
210. Adult’s Show Hunter Galloway over 14hh & ne 15hh
CHAMPION AND RESERVE CHAMPION SHOW HUNTER GALLOWAY
211. Second Chance - Open Pony Hack ne 14hh
212. Second Chance - Open Show Hunter Pony ne 14hh
213. District Senior Rider 12yrs & under 17yrs
214. Senior Rider 12yrs & under 15yrs
215. Senior Rider 15yrs & under 17yrs
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION SENIOR RIDER
PONY BREED CLASSES
216. Shetland Pony ne 10.2hh under 4 years
217. Shetland Pony Stallion or Gelding ne 10.2hh
218. Shetland Pony Mare ne 10.2hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED SHETLAND PONY
219. Led Australian Pony Stallion/Colt
220. Led Australian Pony Mare/Filly
221. Led Australian Pony Gelding
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED APSB
222. Led Part bred APSB/APSB RP Stallion/Colt
223. Led Part bred APSB/APSB RP Mare/Filly
224. Led Part bred APSB/APSB RP Gelding
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED PARTBRED APSB/APSB RIDING PONY
225. Led Riding Pony Stallion/Colt ne 14.2hh
226. Led Riding Pony Mare/Filly ne 14.2hh
227. Led Riding Pony Gelding ne 14.2hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED RIDING PONY
228. Led ASP Stallion/Colt ne 14.2hh
229. Led ASP Mare/Filly ne 14.2hh
230. Led ASP Gelding ne 14.2hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED AUSTRALIAN SADDLE PONY
231. Led Welsh section A 3 years & under
232. Led Welsh section A 4 years & over
233. Led Welsh section B 3 years & under
234. Led Welsh section B 4 years & over
235. Led Welsh section C or D 3 years & under
236. Led Welsh section C or D 4 years & over
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED WELSH PONY
237. Ridden Shetland Pony Mare
238. Ridden Shetland Pony Gelding
239. Ridden Australian Pony ne 13hh
240. Ridden Australian Pony over 13hh
241. Ridden Part bred APSB/APSB RP ne 13hh
242. Ridden Part bred APSB/ APSB RP over 13hh
243. Ridden ASP ne 13hh
244. Ridden ASP over 13hh
245. Ridden Riding Pony ne 13hh
246. Ridden Riding Pony over 13hh
247. Ridden Welsh Section A
248. Ridden Welsh Section B or B
249. Ridden Welsh Section C or D
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION RIDDEN PONY BREED
Commencing at 9:00am
301. District Hack over 15hh
302. Open Hack over 15hh & ne 15.2hh
303. Open Hack over 15.2hh & ne 16hh
304. Open Hack over 16hh & ne 16.2hh
305. Open Hack over 16.2hh
306. Child’s Hack over 15hh
307. Adult’s Hack over 15hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION HACK OVER 15HDS
308. District Show Hunter Horse over 15hh
309. Open Show Hunter Horse over 15hh & ne 15.2hh
310. Open Show Hunter Horse over 15.2hh & ne 16hh
311. Open Show Hunter Horse over 16hh & ne 16.2hh
312. Open Show Hunter Horse over 16.2hh
313. Child’s Show Hunter Horse over 15hh
314. Adult’s Show Hunter Horse over 15hh
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION SHOW HUNTER HORSE OVER 15HDS
315. Second Chance - Open Galloway Hack over 14hh & ne 15hh
316. Second Chance - Open Show Hunter Galloway over 14hh & ne 15hh
317. District Adult Rider 17yrs & over
318. Gent Rider over 17 years
319. Lady Rider 17yrs & under 21 years
320. Lady Rider 21yrs & under 30yrs
321. Lady Rider 30yrs & over
CHAMPION AND RESERVE CHAMPION ADULT RIDER
322. Led ASH Stallion or Colt
323. Led ASH Mare or Gelding 3 years & under
324. Led ASH Mare 4 years & over
325. Led ASH Gelding 4 years & over
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED AUSTRALIAN STOCK HORSE
326. Led Standardbred Stallion / Gelding
327. Led Standardbred Mare
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION LED STANDARDBRED
328. Ridden Standardbred Stallion, Mare or Gelding
329. ASH Hack Mare 4 years & over
330. ASH Hack Stallion / Gelding – 4 years & over
331. ASH Hack ridden by a youth under 18 years
332. ASH Hack – 3 years & under
333. ASH Working Mare 4 years & over
334. ASH Working Stallion / Gelding – 4 years & over
335. ASH Working ridden by a youth under 18 years
336. ASH Working – 3 years & under
CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION RIDDEN AUSTRALIAN STOCK HORSE
337. Youth ASH Station Horse
338. Open ASH Station Horse